Guidelines and Policies for Contributors (Revised 07/02/2022)
It is advised that prospective contributors consult the Law Journal’s WordPress site and our blogposts that further illustrate what is expected during our submission periods. Please consult our full pdf document for a complete overview of what you need to know as a contributor to the Journal: Guidelines and Policies for Contributors
Submission policy – Key points:
- Abstract submissions should be no longer than 350 words.
- Use font size 11, 1.5pt spacing and ‘Justify’ Footnotes should be font size 9 with 1pt spacing.
- Papers and ideas based on coursework with a final grade that is not subject to change may be submitted to the Journal.
- Work published elsewhere may not be submitted or published by the Journal. It is the responsibility of the contributor to inform us of this prior to the publication of a paper.
- Abstracts and papers should focus wholly, or in substantial part, on the law or a legal issue(s), though we accept interdisciplinary papers that heavily incorporate the law or legal issues.
- The style guide used for papers should be ‘Chicago: Notes and Bibliography’.
- If you are unclear on any of the guidelines outlined in the Guidelines, please email the Law Journal via email@example.com.